MAT Recruitment is working with an exceptional secondary academy in Birmingham to recruit a driven and highly passionate 2nd in Maths teacher. This is a permanent contract to teach Maths to KS3 & KS4 commencing ASAP.
The secondary academy is part of a wider multi academy trust, with schools in both North West and Southern Locations.
To be considered for this position, you will have high professional standards and excellent subject knowledge, with the ability to teach inspirational lessons across all key stages. We are looking for someone who is a motivated and experienced teacher, who has the drive and determination and a proven record of raising standards in Maths. In return, you will work in a trust that supports both staff and students to realise their full potential and develop these skills and qualities in accordance with the visions and values of the school.
This school can offer the successful candidate –
· Salary scale dependent upon experience MPS/UPS (TLR available for selected roles).
· An inclusive school that provides continuous opportunities and support for both staff and students
· An innovative and supportive work environment, with strong cultural visions and values
· Access to world class CPD including bespoke and tailored training
· A rewarding and stimulating career with continuing professional development
The successful candidate will:
· Be an experienced teacher of Maths with QTS and have an ability to demonstrate an in depth and secure knowledge of the national curriculum
· Play an active part in school meetings and working groups
· Take every opportunity in all academy activities to raise standards of literacy, numeracy, ICT and other key skills to give students access to all curriculum areas as well as enabling them to be lifelong learners
· Be able to create a positive learning environment and build excellent rapport with both staff and students
· Prepare students for both internal and external tests and examinations informing and using whole-school data to raise expectations and standards of achievement
· Work as an effective team member and plan co-operatively by sharing information, ideas and expertise
The interview process:
If successfully shortlisted to interview you will be invited to attend school and deliver a lesson. All details will be provided to you within 24 hours of your interview date. The programme will consist of a school tour, student panel, lesson observation and formal interview.
All successful candidates will be subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, including disqualification by association.
MAT Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in line with KCSIE 2022. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process.
MAT Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer; therefore, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.