MAT Recruitment are working with a brilliant Multi Academy Trust to recruit a passionate and highly motivated Head of Local Governance. This is a permanent home – based role, with some expectation of national travel to the schools within the trust.
To be considered for this position, you will have high professional standards and strong determination. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, a self-starter, who ideally has experience within the education sector. The successful individual would be confident to liaise with Principals, Senior Leaders and Local Governors to maintain high standards in line with the government framework.
This school can offer the successful candidate –
– A competitive salary
– A fantastic place to work with supportive and willing staff and students
– Opportunity to join a successful school part of a leading Multi Academy Trust.
– Outstanding CPD
– Opportunity for career development
The job role includes:
– Building strong trusting relationships with LGC Chairs and local governors across the Trust
– Ensure all school websites and documentation reflects updated and accurate key information about governance
– Meet with stakeholders to ensure they understand the Trusts governance structures
– Recruit, line manage and oversee LGC
– Responsible for providing expert advice on grievances, complaints, disciplinary actions to the chair of Governors.
– Remain fully updated on the trusts activities
The successful candidate will:
– Experienced with confidentiality requirements
– Full understanding of the OFSTED framework
– Strong level of competence in clerking skills
– Effective line manager to others
– Evidence of impactful creation, delivery and review of training and professional development
-Confident to manager projects with professional courage and influence ensuring deadlines are met in a timely manner
– Remain positive and resilient during challenging situations