MAT Recruitment are working with an brilliant secondary school in Blackburn to recruit a passionate and highly motivated R.E. teacher. This is a permanent contract to teach R.E. to KS3 and KS4 and be 2nd in the R.E. Department as well as lead Chaplaincy for the school.
To be considered for this position, you will have high professional standards and excellent subject knowledge, with the ability to teach inspirational lessons across all key stages. We are looking for someone who is an experienced and effective teacher and leader, who has the drive and determination and a proven record of raising standards in R.E.
The successful candidate will be able to develop an annual plan to develop the Catholic life of the school in conjunction with the Headteacher, play a lead role in developing and updating subject knowledge across the faculty through regular review and support the Head of Faculty in monitoring standards and planning for development.
In return, you will work in a positive environment, with staff who are fully committed to the ethos of the school and are passionate about their subject.
This school can offer the successful candidate –
– A competitive salary
– A fantastic place to work with supportive and willing staff and students
– Opportunity to join a successful school part of a leading Multi Academy Trust.
– Outstanding CPD
– Opportunity for career development
The successful candidate will:
– Experienced teacher of R.E. with QTS
– Demonstrate a positive attitude to teaching and learning
– Ability to effectively lead a department
– Be able to work as part of a team and positively contribute to the outcomes of students achievements
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants are subject to enhanced DBS clearance.